They’ve spent the last decade embracing the streaming revolution, but now here’s a sign of the times…: Naim have just unveiled the first turntable in their 50-year history. And just look at the depth of that platter!
The Solstice Special Edition turntable is so-called becuase it was launched on the summner solstice – and becuase Naim’s HQ is just a few miles from the most ancient and revered turntable of them all, Stonehenge.
Go in-depth after the jump, and read more of Long Live Vinyl’s extensive turntable coverage.
Vinyl-lovers can now finally enjoy the full Naim Audio experience with the launch of Solstice, the first turntable in the British brand’s almost 50-year history. It comes partnered with a next-generation version of the iconic Naim Aro tonearm, an Equinox MC cartridge, Solstice Series Phono Stage, Power Supply and bespoke accessories set. Naim will create just 500 units of this Solstice Special Edition package.
“Solstice Special Edition offers an exceptional all-round experience. If you love the organic, authenticity of vinyl, now you can enjoy it with the musical purity and passion only a Naim system can deliver,” says Naim Audio Research & Development Director, Paul Neville.
The Naim Solstice Special Edition package in full:
• Naim Solstice Turntable NVS TT – combining core Naim design philosophies, such as multiple levels of mechanical decoupling, with a celebration of beautiful materials. Features a magnetic bearing supporting a high-mass, highly polished aluminium platter, with a unique, self-calibrating motor drive system, meticulously delivering the Naim sound.
• Naim Aro Tonearm – retaining the original’s design principles and excellence, but boosting performance further still by using improved materials – including tungsten and carbon-fibre – and adding an all-new, no-compromise bias, arm height and azimuth adjustments.
• Naim Equinox MC Cartridge – featuring a microline stylus shape – closer to the original cutting lathe head to enable the retrieval of accurate high-frequency information – and a boron cantilever, a stiff-but-light design that faithfully transfers the stylus movements to the moving coils.
• Naim Solstice Series Phono Stage NVC TT – the first Naim phono stage to use DR technology, first used on the flagship Statement amplifier. Sophisticated, ultra-low-noise Class A design with dedicated MC and MM head-amplifiers.
• Naim Solstice Series Power Supply NPX TT – powers both the turntable and the phono stage. For the ultimate performance, these two different power supplies are completely isolated, with no risk of interference. Also uses Naim DR technology.
• Solstice Accessories Set – including Digital Stylus Gauge; Bubble Level; Hex Drivers (x3); Vinyl Adjustment Tool; Dust Protector and Cleaning Cloth
• Naim Records True Stereo album – a curated collection of superb-quality True Stereo recordings, newly remastered for vinyl by original engineer, Ken Christiansen.
• Solstice Special Edition Book – including insight into heritage, technology and design
• Oh and the suggested selling price…? £16,000 / €17,000 / $20,000
Browse the new Naim turntable with these exclusive first-look shots…