A new issue of Long Live Vinyl is always an exciting time for us, but for Issue 4 we can barely contain ourselves. Here’s what’s in store for you…
In a first-ever for the mag we’ve got four stunning unique covers to collect to commemorate our cover feature, Sgt. Pepper at 50, where author and Beatles expert Gareth Murphy tells the full story behind the making of The Beatles’ psychedelic masterpiece. We also take an in-depth look at the new Anniversary edition masterminded by Giles Martin. Also in this issue, we meet the people behind the major new documentary series American Epic, which explores America’s earliest folk recordings – with help from Jack White, Elton John and Robert Redford. Mark Elliott crosses the pond in the latest instalment of The Trip and takes in the best record stores Orlando has to offer. We also speak to Tom Gundelfinger O’Neal, the legendary rock photographer behind some of the most iconic album covers and portraits of the 60s and talk shop with Rupert Morrison at Drift Record Shop, Totnes. And that’s not even the half of it!
Long Live Vinyl Issue 4 Includes:
- Sgt. Pepper at 50 – Half a century on, we delve deep into the making of The Beatles timeless masterpiece
- The Trip – Orlando shows us what it’s made of as Mark Elliott goes crate digging stateside
- The Big Reissue – Meet Org Music, California’s indie reissues label that’s restoring lost classics to their rightful place – on your turntable
- The Vinylist – Keith Dalgleish and his late-60s psychedelia and prog collecton
- Interviews – Photographer Tom Gundelfinger O’Neal, Colleen Murphy of Classic Album Sundays and Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore
- Reviews – The latest releases, re-releases, gear and turntables
- Hi-Fi DIY – Get the best possible sound out of your room – and your hi-fi
Available from the Anthem web store here.